Wednesday, September 7, 2011

flower power in Dilli and some more....

Look beyond the dust and Delhi is basking in green  with garlands of frangipani and  hibiscus around its neck!!The streets are lined with white and pink frangipani and many variety of flowers, looks of which I am familiar with , but names I can't recall.With the early morning trafic on the lower side I have been enjoying these lovely manicured road side garden on my way to dropping off Tanu at school.Lush and neatly landscped flyovers and roads were a rare sight on summer or winter visits.But this time Dilli wore a different look ....






                                         on the way to school



                                These lovlies are from my own balcony.More balcony stories later....
                                And now a itsy bitsy peek into the colors chosen for the house.Work is still in progress

                                      This is one living room wall  with cream on the rest.


This is one of the wall of  a bed room.Its a much lighter and paler shade of terracota.I have stencilled some gold motifs .This one was my very first painting ever :)Chaitanya mahaprabhu and his desciple.
      Well , so now you know what I am upto these days!!!:-) Hopefully the dinette will be in tomorrow and then I can head to Delhi haat, Santushti and another place found for cool stuf in Panchkuiya road.I am learning and finding my ways around Delhi.Originally from Kolkata I headed off straight to US on the first week of getting married !!So am not a Delhi girl , but I like this city for sure..Now with fingers crossed lets see how long here before heading off to somewhere else!!But this Gharonda and home in ethnically chic is definitely constant :)
Ok now need to go and check on the painter bhaiya !! :-)
See you all later...



9 comments:

Unknown said...

the blooms løøk amazing...u startup art itself luks stunning

Rama Ananth said...

The colors look very nice, and I wish you all the best, in setting up your home.
At least you have come at a time when the weather must be quite good.

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Welcome back Sarmistha!! Enjoying ur posts... waiting for more to come.

Misterio Vida said...

nice pics...especially the bloom :)

deeps said...

looking beyond the blast too?
i dont know
but nice picts anyway :)

Nayana said...

beautiful flowers and color of the wall is absolutely gorgeous. looks great with gold motiffs. great artwork! sad to hear the blast in delhi.

Sarmistha said...

yes so many innocent and aspiring life lost.Even though our heart has prayers for the family but I know nothing can suffice the loss and sadness ever.Sincerely hope and pray that such hostility come to an end...

Kalyan said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

GB said...

Sarmistha, your home looks lovely--that terracotta color is one of my all time faves!