Monday, July 18, 2011

A Lotus love created....

The lotus flower is one of the most ancient and deepest symbols of our planet . It starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud and muck slowly growing up towards the light and the water surface and there it begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower.At night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises and opens again. Untouched by the impurity, lotus symbolizes the purity of heart and mind.


Seeing so many beautifully painted Lotus by so many of my blogger friends , the incorporation of the purity of lotus in home decor I had been pondering a while to try a little bit of luck in painting one myself...So last night I painted one and it was ready , framed and put up on the wall :)
Not sure of the clicked photos , but it kind of looks good on the wall. Pink , Blue  , Green, Yellow ...all colors of cheerfulness :)
Come have a look please...







On the wall hung by the mirrors..


See now have'nt I been bitten by the lotus bug !! :):)
But somehow I enjoyed painting it.

Ok , my lovely friends , adieu then .Will see you around here tomorrow with another thought , another feeling....till then lets all smile :)
Joining the september fun of http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/2011/09/artsy-craftsy-september.html . Drop by to check out and participate in this cool event :)

Artsy-Craftsy Challenge

12 comments:

Rachana Saurabh said...

Nice one...
very similar to mine
http://essenceofarts.blogspot.com/2010/12/lotus-bloom.html

Anonymous said...

Woww.. amazing.. the photos look beautiful so i AM SURE they look great on the wall :)

kankana said...

I am seeing a bright future in painting here. YOu know I love painting and as kid I used ti paint a lil bit here and there and totally lost touch. This is beautiful!

Richa said...

Lovely lotus painting. Ur so good at painting!! :)

limonana said...

I have a thing for lotus flowers myself...:o)

Sarmistha said...

Thankyou a bunch , dear friend :)

Nayana said...

wow..you are good and creative..love it...I am a bit of doodler ;)

Sumana @ Colours In My Mind said...

Lovely ! that's all I can say.

Deepa Gopal said...

Nice one Sarmistha...love the colours:)

Rama Ananth said...

Beautiful painting Sarmishta. It looks good on the wall.

Unknown said...

very nice sarmistha...

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking in Sarmistha :)
do join the giveaway at my blog
http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-time.html